Sunday, January 10, 2010
Happy New Years!!
Well we arrived in New Orleans for 10am on 12/29/09. We were so excited to have made it home safely. Tim’s mom picked us up and we went home got Chester settled into the house. Tim and his mom went pick up Po-Boys from Andrea’s. I got a yummy Shrimp one. After lunch and a nap since neither of us slept the night before we went to the dentist. Both had no cavities which was nice. That evening my parents arrived I couldn’t wait to hug and hold them. It was a great evening. We eat at Deanie’s in Buck Town. I can still see the Fried Seafood piled so high. Tim and I split a half-order as well as the other parents and man we all had left over. I had my first Strawberry Daiquiri in a long time it tasted so good. I went home that night with my mom and dad. The next morning my mom and I got up and went visit my Grandma and I ended up spending a few hours with her. Catching up and just sitting together. I did get to see her walk which was awesome. For lunch we went to DeAngelos and had lunch with the yayas!! It was really yummy food!! Tim arrived from New Orleans and joined the yayas. That evening we celebrated “Christmas with my family”—they didn’t understand their ornament gifts since they were all suppose to be funny to go with their gift certificate. We loved all our of gifts very excited about the new camera for SKYPE so I can see my family better. I must mention Lisa loved her new coat we gave her and did not return it!! (THIS IS HISTORY PEOPLE) For dinner Fr. Charlie came over and my mom made Shrimp Corn Soup it really good. After Fr. Charlie left Karen and April came over to visit. It was so great laughing and hanging out with them. Robert came by and visited with his new motorcycle. It was a great time to midnight by all. The next morning my mom made us scrambled eggs and biscuits and went visit my Grandma one more time. After our visit we took Lisa to eat at Walks-On the new location. After that we headed back to Metairie to be greeted by our niece who is now 10 months olds and Tim’s brother and his wife Ashley. Amelia was so freakening cute!! I couldn’t believe she remember me, she let me hold her and kiss her!! AHH!! SOOOO SWEET!! We did Christmas that afternoon with the MORAN family. Amelia loved her new stroller and teddy bear. We loved all of our gifts!! The M cheese tray and FDL cutting board!! That evening we went to Gino & Crystal’s house for dinner and some how ended up on Bourbon street for New Years Eve with the idea of PAT O’s yeah right!! LOL!! Anyhow we walked around had a beer and was in the MORAN driveway for 12:00!! The next day Michael got up and made a GUMBO for the New Years Party for both families. Well I should say the MORAN family since nobody in my family showed up L !! My parents and siblings all came which made me really happy!! WE had a great lunch and watched the game which we want even go there!!! The Moran’s all stayed till 8pm and then Tim and I went and got our last Daiquiris for a while I guess. The next morning we got up and headed to Baton Rouge to tell my parents and Lisa goodbye. We had lunch at Capital City Grill (thanks mom and dad for treating us!!) Said our goodbyes with hugs and tears!! Hopefully we will see them in May and maybe February for Amelia’s Birthday!! Then headed back to Metairie to pack and head to the airport which is where all the fun started. Airtan was delayed oh about 45 minutes. Which caused us to miss our connecting flight out to Charlotte. Well the earliest they could get us home was 5 Monday but not really 100% sure so they rented us a car from Atlanta and we drove home!! Oh what fun!! Tim was sick “Stomach Virus” so that left me to drive the 5 hours home with a sick hunny and very upset kitty!! However we made it home for 3pm on Sunday and I was so excited to see my bed. After getting up Monday I had caught the virus but only the COLD party that has been here for over a week!! Hopefully it will go away soon!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment