Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Hero...My Grandma

Lillian Alice Flechas Lynch
January 3, 1917-February 17, 2011


My Grandmother was truely an inspriation to all who met her. She had the best heart. At her funeral someone said she couldn't think of anything ugly to say about her if they tried. As I sit here my heart hurts and aches for her. She was 94 and was ready to go home to God. She could have been 150 and I would never be ready to lose her. She is in a much better place than any of us. I miss her but know that she's my angel watching out for me now. She was a proud woman who raised 6 kids, 11 grandchildren, 7 great grandchildren. She made us each feel so loved and appreciated. Anytime you called oh Hi! I was just thinking of you. I called her on Valentine's Day to tell her I loved her like I did all the time. However, When I talked to her I noticed our conversation was diffeent. I even told Tim that was a weird converstation. The last thing she told me was I love you, I love Timothy, I have always loved you, and I will never stop loving you. THen she hung up the phone. That was the last time I would talk to her. She went to bed on the 2/16/11 and was to go home to Jesus and be with her husband who passed away 30 years ago. She was a beautiful angel who lived on here on earth and I feel blessed to be her granddaughter.







My favorite memories:
  • Oatmeal
  • Swimming early in the mornings
  • Coffee Milk in the green chair
  • Volunteering @ Nursing home on Saturday mornings
  • Lunches at Picadelly
  • Bird watching
  • The Little Red Pony Story
  • Her love of Chester
  • baking cornbread
  • Baking oatmeal cookies and making a huge mess
  • sewing or attempting to
  • Laying on the couch in the dinning room
  • Riding in the car with her
  • card games
  • Hurricanes @ my parents house playing cards
  • Tang
  • Homeade valentines
  • Grandparents Day @ SJA being a VIP!
  • Summer Trips to Pasagoula, MS
  • Long Converasations with all the advice

No comments:

Post a Comment