Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.



When we first matched in Winston-Salem, NC; the program provided us with the name of Michael Gobels.  We did not know him other than we had attended the same medical school.  Well that's where my facebook stalking helped. I guess Tim emailed him not 100% sure I remember emailing his wife Tiffany Gobels.  That's where the friendship started.  We ended up going to their house for dinner while house hunting and meeting their neighbor/friend Greg Riggs and his little girl Becca.  Ended up buying a house in between the Gobels and Riggs.  Well if you read my blog you know that we quickly developed a fast friendship with these two amazing families.  I know I have said it before but it wasn't for these families I am not sure I would have survived.  Well fast forward 3 years and we are done with residency. Greg is practicing physician and Mike is working on his fellowship in New Orleans.  We finally manage to have a get together of all 3 families in New Orleans. Lots of fun 6 grown-ups, and 6 kid!!! Lots of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment