Monday, March 17, 2014

Timothy Jospeh has arrived

Before I totally forget everything I wanted to blog my birth story.  It is all starts February 5th when I went to my OB for weekly appointments and my blood pressure was elevated and was having swelling. I hadn't noticed that I was anymore swollen than usual and I felt totally great!! She told me I was going to the hospital and we might having a baby! I of course went into panic mode since I was not 100% packed up, I could not get a hold of my hubby, and I had a million and one things to do at school before I went out! Well I went straight to the hospital for a 12 hour urine collection and blood pressure monitoring.  My blood pressure was perfect the entire time in the hospital and my urine had no protein.  I did have contractions for a good 4 hours that evening at 4 minutes apart. They didn't amount to anything.  No sign of preeclampsia which was all good.  However I was being placed on "bed rest" but not strict bed rest.  I was allowed to go to school for 2 hours on Friday and I could run a few errands but needed to take it easy and have Tim monitor the blood pressure. Monday I went back to the doctor and my blood pressure was still great and I was feeling good. However the ultra sound was measuring TJ @ 8lb 9oz.  We discussed the measurement of his head and shoulders and we made the decision that we would have a C-section.  This was something that Tim and I had already talked about so I felt 100% confident in my decision.  I was released to go home but if I started getting a headache to call.  I am not sure what I did the rest of the week other than relax and take it easy. Thursday morning was my next appointment (2-13-14 @ 9am). Tim was able to come with me since he was on call and didn't have clinic. We decided to have a big breakfast at Broadstreet Bakery. It was a great morning and I was feeling pretty good.  However, once we finished breakfast I got a headache that would not go away. It was terrible.  So we headed to the appointment kind of knowing in our hearts today was the day.  We had another ultra sound and little man was still looking good. We headed up yesterday and my blood pressure was slightly elevated but the headache was getting worst.  As soon as my nurse saw me she took me back. Dr. Johnson walked in the room and said today is the day. We were at 37.6 so she felt safe taking him.  She was on call that evening so she was pretty flexible with the time for the c-section. She had also promised me that she would give my parents time to get there and Tim wanted to finish rounding so we scheduled it for 5pm.  I went straight to he hospital with Tim so I could get checked in.  Once in the hospital things started rolling fast I again had contractions but still felt find.  I was able to get some meds for my headache and I started feeling better.  I was unable to nap but that was okay.  I just kinda of laid in bed and chilled.  Tim made it back to the hospital for 4pm.  Both of my parents were able to get off of work and head  our way.  They made it with 2 minutes to spare.  I was able to see them one minute before going back. Dr. Johnson came in the room and checked on us. Promptly at 4:59 we were willed back to the operation room.  I hadn't thought about the spinal block part but Dr. Johnson being as awesome as she always is held me while they did the part.  It felt like forever but I'm sure it wasn't long.  Finally Tim came in the room and they started.  Tim of course stood the entire time looking.  It was the most surreal feeling in the world. No words to describe when she pulled him out. I remember her saying he's a big baby with tons of hair. She guessed 9 lbs but he was 8 lb 7 oz.  Tim took off while I cried soft tears while listening to him cry.  He was born at 5:25pm.... once he was cleaned up and weigh and checked Tim bought him to me.  I got to touch him and kiss him.  It was such an amazing feeling.  Tim got to carry him to the nursery but before going to the nursery my parents got to see him.  In the OR there is a tv and so I could see my parents getting to see him. My mom's face is something I will never forget.  Tim stayed with him the entire time.  After delivering him Dr. Johnson told me I was going to have to get 2.5 hours of Mag.....something I was dreading but she was going to allow TJ and Tim in the room while getting it. I then was moved to recover and Tim came back and TJ came shortly afterwards with a nurse. We got a hour of alone time and I was able to nurse him which was very surreal in it's self.  He took to it naturally.  From recovery we were moved to the room to get the MAG drip. It was a quite room and I was able to sleep for a hour while my parents and Tim went eat.  They came back and my mom stayed the night.  We were able to move to Mother/Baby by 10pm and get our room.  We kept TJ with us till about 2am when I sent him to the nursery.   :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment