Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Year in Review 2014

Where did 2014 go????  I think this by far one of my favorite years ever!!!

January-
We started the year with all 3 baby showers for T.J.. My first shower was in Baton Rouge at Uncle John & Aunt Faye's house.  It was my biggest one with all of my family (both sides) and friends from Baton Rouge. T.J. was spoiled big time.We barley had enough room in our car going back to Jackson The next weekend was my Jackson Shower thrown by Jana, Mary, & Chrissie for his coworkers and some family.  It was small but T.J. got lots of awesome gifts (some of my favorite). My last shower was toward the end of January and it was at work on  a Wednesday. My mom was not able to come up since she teaches as well!! My awesome Kindergarten team threw an amazing shower and I was spoiled again with lots of amazing gifts!! T.J. is one blessed baby!! :-)

February-
Tim started his last month of call for fellowship.  I was still teaching and going to weekly appointments. Feb 5th I went to my appointment after school and was admitted to the hospital for high blood pressure. Not after throwing a fit and crying to my OBGYN!!! Tim was on call and this was not in our cards to be having a baby.  I stayed at the hospital and did a 24 hour urine collection.  I ended up having contractions for several hours even got down to 4 minutes apart, but it was false labor.  Tim stayed at the house as there was no point in both of us not sleeping.  The next morning, Emily released me to "take it easy rest" and no more work.  I did go tell my babies goodbye that Friday morning and finish up last minute stuff.   We somehow finished all  the last minute "stuff" that had to be done. I cleaned house and got a manicure and pedicure, and then I was ready. I went back Feb 10th and I was cleared to the 13th.  On the 13th ---at 5:25pm we had us a miracle Timothy Joseph Moran came into the world at 8lb 7oz and 20 inches long born at 37 weeks and 6 days.  He was perfect!! February seemed to fly by with a new infant and Tim being on call and family coming up to help us for 2 weeks since  I had to take it easy with my blood pressure.

March-
Tim had vacation the first week in March and my mom came up for the week during Mardi Gras.  T.J. was doing great during this time with eating and sleeping. Tim and I did manage to sneak off for a date night or two while my mom was in town.  Tim left town for a week!! My mom kept T.J. while I bought Tim to the airport and fell apart :-(   my dad came up for the weekend.... his 60th birthday so I wouldn't be alone for the entire week!! Things didn't go as plan but long story short my mom got sick and they had to leave her car in Jackson!! So I was in JAckson with 3 cars and a newborn baby!! Tim had a good trip but of course had airplane trouble coming home!! This made for one mad mama bear!! All I wanted was my hubby and T. J. wanted his dad!! He ended up riding the train from Chicago to get home a day later than expected!! That week I had lots of visitors since it was Spring Break from School. I managed to leave T.J. with Charlene Hoingfort for 3 hours while I went to my kids Spring Concert.   I had Charlene's daughter Katie in my class the year before and she was GodSent!! I couldn't have left T.J. with anyone better.   I had my 6 week appointment and was released from the OB!! We headed home to BR to officially celebrate my dad's 60th Birthday!! IT was quite the experience packing everything we needed to come home for two nights.

April-
We took T.J. to Strawberry Park in Madison for an Easter Egg with the Johnson girls and pictures with the Easter Bunny!! Of course he slept through most of it, but it was still fun dressing him up and getting out of the house.  We later went to Kaitlyn's soccer game and out to dinner that evening at a new Mexican Restaurant in Ridgeland that was original from Jackson.  We came home to Baton Rouge for  5 nights for Easter.  We started the trip off in Metairie meeting his cousins for the first time as well as both of his great grandparents.  To make things easier we slept in Baton Rouge the whole trip so we wouldn't have to pack and unpack! We got a picture with Tim, T.J. Grandaddy, and Great Grandaddy 4 generations of Morans what a wonderful special picture to have forever! We had a great time at Easter and throwing baby Harrison a surprise family shower. While in BR we were going to look for a rental house but found out the rental market went fast and we would have to pay May Rent if we found one that early!!! So we just hung out with friends and family! Tim's friends came over and met T.J. for the first time and we got to see Tyler's little girl and and Eddie's little girl!

May-
I went back to work for 17 days and T.J. went to daycare at Building Blocks! He started May 1st and I went back to field trip to the zoo kinda of day!! Not how I wanted to start back but it worked out!! It worked out that Tim was able to keep T.J. home for 2 of those days so he ended up being in day care for 15 days! He did great, and they loved him!! I finished out the year with my babies and closed out my classroom and packed it up! Said my goodbyes!! I had the best time these past two years teaching at Madison Crossing. It was  a dream job and I will definitely miss it and my teammates.  I donated and left a lot of the stuff as I will be taking off a few years to stay home and raise our babies!! I did take all of my books!! We went to BR for Lisa's graduation, we made it to the party since we both had to work! We looked at houses again that weekend! We found our rental in Kenilworth on Craigslist, a little nervous but it worked out great!! We had to come back at the end of May for Lisa's going away party to Texas but also to sign our "lease".  So unofficial and unnecessary, but we did get the keys which was nice.  We also did a stay vacation with T.J. at the embassy suites and took him swimming for the first time this month. 

June-
Home to enjoy a few more weeks up in Jackson.  We had one last goodbye dinner with the Johnsons, we will miss having them around the most.  Ate at all our favorite places one last time and swam in the pool a few last times.   Lisa was all packed up and was moving to Houston June 6th, but on there way out Brad called Harrison was coming earlier than we thought.  Casper went into labor and they had to do an emergency C-section. My mom and Brad both got to be in the room.  Lisa was able to meet Harrison before moving to Houston.  We had our movers scheduled to come pack us, load us, and unload us over a 3 day period in the middle of the month. Tim was planning to stay up there for two days and then leave for Chicago.  Well the movers were able to pack us and load all in one day so we ended up moving a day earlier which worked out, but made me nervous/stressed out.  T.J. and I arrived in BR on  June 17th with the movers about 45 minutes later.  Mimi came to the house and helped with T.J. while I told them where to put everything. I unpacked like a crazy person for a day and half.  On Thursday I left T.J. with my mom over night for the first time every and drove back up to Jackson to clean the apartment with Tim and to go to his final graduation dinner!!  I was so excited to celebrate fellowship being over!! The next morning I took off to Metairie to pick up Chester and then to Baton Rouge to get T.J. while Tim took off to the airport to head to Chicago.  I turned 31 somewhere in the middle of this.  My mom took me to lunch with Aunt Faye and T.J. most of the day was spent arranging the house and unpacking.   That evening I had some wine and made myself cookies!! When Tim got back from Chicago we celebrated with dinner.  Uncle John did make my birthday dinner and the family celebrated one Sunday!!

July-
Tim started his first real job at the Baton Rouge Clinic July 1st!! He was so excited and nervous!! We celebrated the 4th of July with my parents and we went to our little neighborhood parade. We had T.J. baptized on July 13th the day he turned 5 months by Fr. Charlie Landry, a great family friend!! We hosted both of our families over at our house!!  We also took T.J. to the Zoo for the first time and bought family passes!!

August-
School started back and T.J. and I went to Winston-Salem, NC to get our house ready to put on the market! We stayed a week in the house.  It was very weird being back!! We stayed at my best friend's house Brooke & Casey!! They were so sweet to host us for a whole week!!  T.J. did great on both plane trips! We came back and celebrated T.J. turning 6 months old ! We made a trip to see Nanny in Houston! We joined gymborre to meet some new friends!! We took T.J. to the aquarium and downtown New Orleans for the first time!

September-
We celebrated daddy turning 32!! Dad had his friends over to watch the game and eat Caine's! We are starting to get into our grove of hanging out at home!I am sure we did more than this buy my mind is drawing a blank!

October-
We took T.J. to a pumpkin patch in Hammond, La.  We did a lot of hanging out as  a family! We took T.J. to gameday at LSU which was fun!!  Lots of family time!! 10/14 T.J. got his first hair cut!!  We managed to wake up Halloween Morning with a stomach virus!! It was a terrible one!!

November-
We started the month recovering from our stomach virus! Dad took his boards for endo! We celebrated our first Thanksgiving with my family!! TJ loved all of the food!!! The weekend after Thanksgiving we decorated and started getting ready for Christmas!!

December-
A busy month of meeting Santa, joining a play group and went to our first event which was a Santa Claus Breakfast!! This group has been amazing, we have met so many mommies!! T.J. loved the tree and did an okay job of not touching it!! We celebrated Christmas Eve at mass at STM and then we did my family christmas!! Christmas morning my parents and sister came over and we had breakfast, for lunch we drove to Metairie, and we rounded up the evening at my Aunt and Uncles house!! T.J. spent the night twice at my parents once for our anniversary and once for a random date night!! SO weird to sleep at our house and not have T.J.


2014 was filled with lots of great memories and watching T.J. grow up!!! It's amazing how much he changed!! We are excited to see what 2015 holds for our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment