Friday, January 3, 2014

Year in Review

Wow! What a year it has been for our little family!! We started the year off with a bang! We were able to slip away to Memphis to  celebrate our five year wedding anniversary!! Tim was swamped at work with projects and everything else.  We were also in the process of interviewing for real jobs.  Light at the end of the tunnel was finally appearing for us! We were interviewing with Hattiesburg, Clinic and the Baton Rouge Clinic.  In the middle of January I took a pregnancy test and found out we were expecting our first bundle of joy. We were over the moon excited! After a very emotional two weeks we lost our baby super bowl Sunday.  We were able to celebrate Mardi Gras this year for the first time since college! It was exactly what the doctor ordered. Especially if you have an amazing OB like me! She told me to party and enjoy myself!! Tim of coursed continued to be busy at work with a pump conference over Valentine's day (really!!).  In late February we made the decision and "shook hands" with the Baton Rouge Clinic!! We were are very excited to finally be going home and settling down.  Over spring break we were able to take a mini get away to the Gulf! AMAZING!! Who doesn't love the sand and water!! It was exactly what we needed. Our best friends from Winston welcomed their new little man Aden Michael! We were able to head home in late March for Easter.  We started Easter in Metairie with Tim's family! We had crawfish and lots of time with our nieces! Then we headed to Baton Rouge to celebrate with my family!! First time we were able to participate in the extreme egg hunt.  I won!! It was a great weekend being home with family and friends.Not sure what we did in April since I have no pictures and can't remember anything important! May and June sure made up for not doing much in April.  May we came home every weekend, from STM Fair to mother's day weekend, to LSU Graduation.  It was non stop fun!! We celebrated Mother's day in Metaire with Tim's mom and sister-in-law. We spent the day at the aquarium as a family.  It was a fun weekend again spending time with our sweet nieces.  Lisa graduated from LSU this year, we barley made it to the ceremony but we did!! We spent the weekend hanging out with Lisa and family.  We came back to finish out the school year and head to Winston to see our friends! Well things didn't go as plan because we came home to find out I had 5 cm cyst on my ovary that had to be removed immediately.  Our trip was canceled (bummer!!) We did get to make a trip to Baton Rouge and explore the city a little. Our nieces came up for two days and we were able to show them around town! June was crazy busy traveling as well. First off we had to deal with a very sick kitty to start the month of! Chester got his first UTI and it was pretty traumatic for all of us! We did not have a vet in Jackson that we liked so when he got sick I had to scramble to find a new vet whom we now love and adore!! We took off to San Francisco for our first get away for the ENDO Conference. Lisa joined us on our trip!! I am so glad she did! The city was not like we expected.  Our hotel was in the ghetto!! Tim did get a lot of time to explore thank goodness!! My cousin Liz (Grandma's baby sister Mary's daughter Eileen's daughter!) and her boy friend took us around.  We had met Liz and her family when I was a senior in high school so over 10 years of not seeing each other! We had a blast! We came home from that trip and had a quick turn around before heading to the beach for my 30th birthday weekend!! We headed to the beach the day before my family because we weren't able to stay as long as everyone else! Everything about the trip was amazing! Turning 30 was not as bad as I imagined!! It was  a fun evening with family! After returning home from the beach we had one day before the start of the new medical year! Our last year of training was officially starting!! Of course we started the new medical year off with a bang Tim was on call and 8 days in I discovered I was pregnant!! We were excited but reserve. We didn't know what to think or say.  My OB made us wait till the 22nd of July before she would see me! My parents drove up for the apt to be there with us! Tim managed to make it to the ultra sound and we were all excited to see the little 8 week bean dancing on the screen!! We were given a due date of Feb. 28th!! Everything looked great!! We couldn't believe it was true and of course still very reserve.  The rest of the summer quickly flew by with me asleep on the couch!! School started off in August and Tim's work load slowing down!! We finally hit the 12 week mark and told the world we were expecting!! In September we manage to see the Saints play the falcons! Amazing game!! We did our usually head down to the game early, park on Julia at Barrone and go eat a big brunch at one of the hotels and then head to the game! The end of September was busy we had our gender ultra sound on the 26th we actually did not look at the sex.  He looked great by the way! The next day we celebrated Tim's birthday with Kaitlyn at Sal and Mookies only to run into my OB of course!! (her lips were sealed) Saturday morning we headed to New Orleans and quickly decorated Tim's parents house for the gender reveal party!! Both families arrived and we were anxious as everyone else to bit into the cupcake! It was green cupcake! We found out we were expecting a little boy Timothy Joseph Moran "T.J."   We were able to celebrate Tim's birthday that evening with dinner with his family at his favorite restaurant. His Uncle Rick joined us and his parents and treated us all to dinner.  October Tim was back on call for his 2nd of 3 months of call!October came and went. Tim was on call for 2nd of 3rd month for the year!! WHOOO!!! We did get the crib and put it together. Made things seem somewhat more real.  October 15th was a day we celebrate the life of our first Payton.  We sat down that night and lit a candle in her/his honor.  In November I had my gestational diabetes test. it was set for the Thursday at 9am. I went to school and then left for the appointment.  I failed the one hour test.  Not expecting that! My OB wanted me to do the 3 hour test before Thanksgiving and we were leaving in the morning.  So my awesome Principal let me be late again on Friday! I went to Woman's at 5am for test.  By the time test started it was 6am.  It was not terrible like everyone made it to be.  I passed it with flying colors.  Thank goodness because we were leaving  to stink away to Birmingham, AL for a mini baby moon weekend the next day. It was perfect, we both needed some along time together away from our computers. It was freezing but we still made the most of it, we went to the botanical gardens, the zoo, and the submit.  The highlight of our trip was definitely the food mmmm we did Village Tavern (our favorite from Winston), Superior Grill (we have eaten all 4 now!), and Cheesecake factory! We watched a lot of netflixs thanks to my laptop! We came home and Tim worked Wednesday from 8-12.  We took off to Tim's parents for Thanksgiving. We were able to go eat Zea's Wednesday night and use Tim's gift card from his parents.   We bought Chester with us since we would be gone till Sunday or at least plan to be gone that long.  We celebrated Thanksgiving lunch with the Morans.   It was all of us and Tim's grandfather, Uncle Pat, and Uncle Rick.  I made sweet potatoes, and macaroni.  Patricia made oyster dressing this year so I didn't have to make that for Tim.  I also made homemade chocolate pecan pie.  The food was delicious. After lunch we both slipped off a for a nap.  After our naps we headed to my parents house, where we sat and watched TV because my family had gone shopping.  I hate black Friday shopping I have done it a few times in Winston, but I refuse to go shopping Thanksgiving day. I think it's horrible!!!!!! Finally at 10pm my parents, sister, aunt, and cousin came home. We ate the homemade cookies I made. Friday we spent the day helping my parents decorate the front yard with Brad, Casper, and Paige.  That evening we made gingerbread houses.  We spent the day just hanging with parents. On Saturday we got up and headed back to Metaire and picked up Chester and decided to go home early to have all day Sunday home.  Before we had left we had put the tree, so we were able to come home and decorate.  We stayed in Jackson for the next few weekends.  We celebrated Tim's work party @ Sophia.  We got to see TJ in early December. He has gotten so big 2lbs and 4 ounces.  I started going to the OB every two weeks. Almost forgot we bought a new car. WHOO!!! Trade in old faithful for a brand new white RAV4.   I defintely cried leaving my blue car but I knew that it was not safe for T.J. We went home for Christmas this year. We have not been able to attend a family Christmas in 4 years because of Tim's work schedule.  We got into town on Friday night and had Chinese with his parents that evening. Saturday we were able to go to Christmas in the Oaks! I was most excited about this. We met up with Steve and Alyssa and then had dinner at this place called Katie's. It was a fun evening. Sunday we left for my parents house early.  We had a nice brunch with my siblings.  We did a lot of hanging out and eating with family.  Christmas Eve we went to mass @ 4pm. We got there 15 minutes before mass started and the perk of being prego  I got a seat but Tim had to stand in the back.  After mass, we came home and celebrated Christmas with my family. We did present with Brad, Paige, and Casper.  Paige was all about her presents. So many new things.  My parents and sister went to mass at 11pm while Tim and I went to bed!! We got up early Christmas morning and made a big breakfast casserole which was yummy.  We were suppose to leave around noon for Tim's parents but didn't leave till 1pm since his grandmother was ill with a GI bug that was highly contagious. We ended up getting to his parents a little after 2pm and had gumbo that his dad had made. It was good.  We visited with his brother for a little while. I went lay down in the front room of his parents house where Chester was hanging out. I was so glad to see my little guy.  At 4:00 we left for Aunt's house for his dad's side the family party.  His mom did not go. We stayed over visiting with his family to around 7.  We headed back to his parents house grabbed Chester and the few things we had left and hit the road to Jackson. Not how I imagined spending Christmas night. We made it home around 10-10:30. It was very nice to be back in our beds but I missed getting to see Wayne and hang out with the Kamenovs.  Oh well it's life!! I had mostly undecorated before we left, so I finished that up and started getting TJ's room together.  We had a low key weekend hanging out and just being bums.  We went to the movies and saw Saving Mr. Banks. It was really good movie--makes me look at Mary Poppins in a whole new light.   New Years Eve we went to dinner and came home and put on PJs and just hung out!! 2014 will be a great year for us! We are so excited to meet our little guy and move home and Tim start his real job!! The next 6 months are going to be crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment