Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tim's Golden Birthday Weekend

Tim had his first week off of intern year!! *he gets 4 weeks off* This week he hung out at home with Chester!! They caught up on video games and worked out all day!! Slept in (which made it very hard to get out of bed in the morning for me-since we both get up at 5am daily)!! Oh well!! His next vacation is December 29th to January 4th (which we are coming home for)! I worked all week (okay 4 days) and seem to be feeling better!! I took Friday off to go to the doctor and after the doctor around 11:30 we took off for the mountains for the weekend. We got there for 1pm and immediately went to Chimney Rock!! I have not been there in about 18 years and Tim had never been! I drove the entire weekend for Tim since he is not a fan of driving! So I drove up the mountain and guess what we did make it!! When we got up there the view was amazing!! The leaves are starting to change but they say it will be 2 to 3 weeks before they really change! We of course did not take the elevator we took the stairs all the way up top!! WHEW!! Is all I will say!! After going up to top and enjoying our view we went on mile and half tour to the water fall which was breath taking!! I was so hot I put my face in the water to cool off! That night we went to dinner at TGIF which was next door to our hotel! Saturday we went to Biltmore Estates all day!! We toured the house (5 floors) --it was beautiful!! In the basement they had swimming pool, gym, bowling alley. It was pretty incredible. Their beds were short. WE don';t have any pictures in the house b/c they don't allow cameras or video cameras (not sure of the reason)!! After the house we went over to Wine Tasting which of course was fun!! Not as impressive as some of the others we have been to in Winston. Saturday afternoon we left and went back TGIF and was able to catch the 2nd half of the game!! It caused us some stress!! That night we went to dinner at Green Tea a Sushi restaurant. It was okay more American than anything. We came back Sunday morning for 11 so I can finish up school work!! *which never ends*!! Happy 27th Birthday Honey!! I love you more each and every day that we get to share together!!























































1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Tim! Looks like you had a great time in the mountains. I definitely would like to visit N.C. next fall. I do not miss the Sunday night lesson plans for school the next day.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete