Why does summer seem to go by so fast? June seem to fly by and it's hard to believe that we are 10 days into July. The only good thing about being 10 days into July is that Tim will be done with month one of three months of call. Let's see Chester has been sick lately or should I say stressed out!!! Okay so let me start back at the beginning!! Two weeks before we left for San Francisco he started acting funny. He was constantly licking himself and we noticed a abscesses looking thing. Well that creates problem one I hated the first vet we took him too because they were like the next time he comes he is going in the gas chamber. Over my dead body!! Well I found a new vet and I show up at 7:30 when they open and explain that I have a sick kitty and that we have never been here before. No problem!! While I am feeling out papers a sweet young guy comes and scoops up the cage. I was thinking aww how sweet they are taking him to a room. I turn in the papers and they are like we will call you in a little while. I was like wait I have never left him and start crying. I head home crying and call Tim who tells me it's going to be okay so I start cleaning up but you definitely notice that your missing him. The vet calls about 3x before 9am that she can't find anything wrong. Finally I explain the entire situation and she goes I bet he has a UTI. Sure enough his urine has blood and what not we get an antibiotic. He comes home and seems to go back to being his normal self. He even spends a week with Tim's parents and they said he did find. We come back home and were home for 3 days before leaving for the beach. A co-worker agrees to watch him while we are gone. She calls 2x and says things are not going well he's stressed and hissing. We associate that he has never met her and is trying to guard the house. We get home Tuesday! He's fine and all loving!! Friday night we go eat and come home and he starts licking himself this time I notice a dot of blood on his penis. So of course Tim checks the litter box and we notice small drops of urine great!! Were both thinking another UTI!! Very frustrated!! WE are at the Vet Saturday morning as soon as they open. The first vet we had dealt with and loved was not working but her parnter the owner was. We met with him and left. He called for us to come back for 11. He said that Chester has interstitial cystitis. Which basically means his bladder walls are thicken. This typically caused from stress. Well since the beginning of May we have been gone and our schedules have not been the same. We agree for the next month (Luckily Tim is on call) we will stay in Jackson and have no one over in order to not stress Chester out!! I am happy to report with the change in his diet ($88 a month and new litter box things seeem to be on the up and up!!
Chester is like our son!! We both can not imagine life with out him. We got him right before intern year started and he definitely has been a ggreat support for both of us!! I am going to try and not get emotional. LOL!! Here are some of my favorite pics of this little guy who has stolen our hearts.

No comments:
Post a Comment